Sunday, December 09, 2007

Do you hear what I hear ?


I am listening to Christmas Carols non-stop today. Basically started about 2 hours ago, and now my Christmas baking time is in full-swing, and there are cookies everywhere, and nutmeg, flour and other baking essentials all over my counter... and the house smells like gingerbread, eggnog, ginger, nutmeg, chocolate and mint. With the fireplace roaring (as much as a gas one can, lol) and me blasting cheesy Christmas songs.

Sigh, I love Christmas baking, its so much damn fun. And when I bake for Christmas, its a two-, sometimes three-, day event. I am baking 4 different types of cookies this year. I am only on my first type, and I already have about 10 dozen cookies.

Its a lot better when there is more than one person in the house though.

Yea, thats why the music helps, makes me feel a little less lonely.

The Eggnog I steamed (with the espresso machine) with wonderful rum in my mug also helps ;)

10 days until Cody flies here, and we pack and leave for the cold East !

:D

Merry Christmas

5 comments:

Cody McGowan said...

hey stop drinking all the rum!

Matt™ said...

Too late

:P

... there wasn't that much left anyways.

Cody McGowan said...

There was before I left!
GRRR

Bravecat said...

You guys are hilarious :P

Truthspew said...

Wow instead of the Christmas song the track that started playing in my head was Pink Floyd's "Hey You". I wonder how that connection got made.