Friday, December 07, 2007

Sex and the City and No Shower.

I woke up this morning, and used the bathroom. The toilet flushed, but no water-running sound as the tank filled up. Hrm, weird ?

So, then I go to wash my hands, no water comes out of the tap. That's odd. Now, I am starting to become concerned. So, I try to start the shower, about 50 ml of pathetic water come out and then zip, nada.

I actually was on the verge of tears. I LOVE having a morning shower, its the best part of my day (and sometimes the longest, lol, JK)... so I walk angrily up my hallway to the head of the Strata's suite, and there is a notice on the door, and it reads:

"Due to repair issues and damage, the WATER has been shut off temporarily for the building. Sorry for the inconvenience, it will be on as soon as possible"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?! Somebody's suite better have been completely flooded or something huge for this to happen. At least, thank God, I have electricity. However, you don't really know how much you love running water until you don't have it.

So, now I am unshaven, stinky, and have dirty teeth (I thought about going to the local Starbucks and brushing my teeth in the bathroom, but that seems weird...).

Its 12:30pm and I'm not impressed.

I went to go make coffee with the espresso machine, thank GOD I have bottled water, so I filled the kettle with bottled water, made two shots (the espresso machine has its own water tank, which I had filled already) and went to go rinse before making another two shots, and guess what ?! YOU CANNOT CLEAN THE COFFEE THING FOR ANOTHER SHOT WITHOUT RUNNING WATER ! Also, I cannot rinse my mug and make another, I cannot water my plants, I can't even wash my hands.

So, I am literally living in my own filth right now until the Godsend that is internal plumbing is brought back online.

I feel especially bad for those in my building who had to work today, imagine going to work at a bank (my neighbour does) without shaving, brushing your teeth, having a shower, or even washing your hands !?

Argh. I think I might actually walk to Starbucks, just to wash my hands, and brush my teeth.

So, the only thing that can make me feel good right now, is the fact that the Golden Compass comes to theatres today, WOOT !

And, the new Sex and the City movie trailer was announced today, its totally a teaser, but its something. Sigh, I am so Miranda. I am a total Miranda.

Wish me luck, God I hope the water comes back soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way, Miranda's hot. You're that lame red-headed lesbian.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that is Miranda! my bad.
Looks like you really hit the nail on the head with that one afterall.

Matt™ said...

Shut up !

I know its you Cody ~ !!

Truthspew said...

That's ok. I left the house at about 12:30PM and didn't get back until almost 3:00PM. During that time the radiators upstairs starting blowing water everywhere. It's mostly confined to the dining room and living room but what a pain in the ass.

The landlord is an old man. My family and his go way back so he's good with me. But he's a thick headed bastard.

The fill valves for the boilers should have been replaced years ago. He never did.

Bravecat said...

LMAO

You're such a pathetic child of civilisation!

:P

Cody McGowan said...

nope it wasn't me, but its true! haha