Monday, January 21, 2008

My Journal

Well, its cold today, I felt like an arab woman wearing a burka today, I had this big scarf around my face/mouth, and my big fur hat on covering my ears and head, and my big parka, with my long underwear with big wool pants, which kept we warm on my long walk home from the Metro station (well, like 10 minutes), and yea, it was cold today, like -25 with the wind chill, argh.

Anyways, I am watching this show called 'the week the women went' on CBC, its rather amazing actually. It takes place in a small town in Alberta, and they literally took all the women in the town (well, 90% of them, leaving the nurses at the local clinic, and some of the grandmas) and took them to a spa retreat for the week. Leaving the men, who are mostly married oil workers, who aren't used to doing much housework, to fend for themselves, and balance life and work and kids. Its amazing, because I think its about damned time, there are some single moms on the trip, who have gotten either nannies or their ex's to take care of the kids while they are away. They're response is that now the men will know how single moms feel, and thats totally true if you think about it, they do this all the time. Anyways, its a great show, and its going to be VERY amusing to watch how the men deal with the changes.

Anyhow, the show just ended, and I am gonna sit down and work on some schoolwork, and read some before bed. Its been nice here, and its nice to be able to enjoy the city and kinda feel like your travelling away from home... but I will be happy to be back in BC. I especially miss the weather, but I also miss my friends and family, and also just the little things that are familiar back home (you know what I mean...).

That being said, its been fun. This Friday we are going out for dinner with a friend here, and I am meeting up with an old friend from High School that moved out here 4 years ago for coffee on Thursday.

I am missing being settled, it will be nice to be settled wherever we are eventually and actually spend more than 10 months living in one place, and really get to put our roots down and build 'home'... plus, it will be nice to be done school. I am SO missing working, and I am really not that interested in school this semester, which I have to get over, cause it needs to be done.

Anyways, thats my thoughts, sometimes its nice to get it out. I guess this sorta functions like a journal for me. lol.

No comments: