Sunday, February 11, 2007

Dinner Party

Well, Cody and I just officially hosted our first fabulous dinner party in our new place. My friend Stacey came over, and Cody's friend Andrew came with his gf and his friend. So, there was 6 of us, and we had a wonderful curry dinner that Cody made, with espresso beverages flavoured with liqueurs of all sorts as a desert. It was lovely.

Its so nice to be downtown now. I have never been the host of any sort of social get together. It was just so nice to have people over, have good food and drinks and then play some cards games and watch crazy people across the street sword fight in a parking lot (true story, and very amusing). I have always been the person to go downtown to some else's parties or host my own with someone at their place, never at my own house, and never so close to everything.

Its awesome, if we want to see a movie, we walk 3 blocks to the movie theatre. If we want to get some last minute groceries then we walk over a block and get them, and along the way we can stop at the local Starbucks that is a block away, or go to the Chinese food restaurant that has great lunch specials that is literally right next to our condo building. Its just all so easy and freaking fantabulous !!

Anyways, I love living downtown, its grand.

I want to write more, but I am really tired, so I am off to bed, more blogging tomorrow. I really need to start this back up again !!

4 comments:

Truthspew said...

Congrats! You'll find that city living is truly like living in the center of the Universe.

Everything is minutes away and I do mean EVERYTHING. For example, where I live there's a mall that is a ten minute walk, with a 16 screen mega. Add at least 50 restaurants in a half mile range, stores, shops, and if you're so inclined bathhouses etc.

Anonymous said...

ya well i'm gonna be 2 blocks away from the beach in Kits so there! you may have a starbucks but I'll have sun and sand :P
~Megs

Charlie said...

What's with the dewd talking about bathhouses? Christ dude, it's the year 2007, the only people who go to those things are the fucking degraded leftovers of the 80's and 90's when coming out wasn't so easy. Earn some respect for yourself!

Anyway Matt hey :). I had to say it. You know me. Ummm, just wanted to wish you a happy valentine's day and you sound like you are really settled in. Cody is a great guy! Hold on to it bro.

You'll have to give me ur addy or whatever so I can check out the new place and maybe show you my place also. Yeah, I have a new phone...can't give you my number on this thing though.

:)

Bravecat said...

Sounds great! and hey, you're blogging again!

And hey, I am moving to DUBAI!

:D