Friday, January 13, 2006

Amazing Film





I watched this amazing dream-like Japanese film called Nausicaa on tv last night. It's apparently from the same Director/Film Company as Spirited Away, which won an Academy Award last year. The moment I changed the channel to watch it, I could not leave my room, it drew you into the story and was so amazingly fascinating. That never happens to me. The anime and visual efects were beautiful. Not like North American cartoon films, it was actually artistic and creative. The plot was a little hard to follow at first and really confused me, since I started watching half-way through. But after a bit I understood the storyline. It had some wonderful messages and lessons to be learned. After the movie, I felt like I had just come out of a deep meditation. The ending was magical, although I felt it was abrupt. Since all of our stories here seem to always come to nice cleanly explained endings, it just ended, much like a real story would. It was a beatiful story with some great teachings.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

The Japanese are great story tellers!

Charlie said...

Why did you delete Tomas? What happened? You need to write a blog about this...

Steph said...

dude! I told you to write a blog about the moive you sw with Ally! Don't you listen?