Sunday, January 01, 2006

I Heart New Year's


Best New Year's partying ever ! So, I'm completely random, and it worked out soo well tonight, well this morning. I'm currently freaking hyper on drugs. I simply can't go to bed, so why even try? But first, the story...

So, I went to my friend Elaine's appartment, where I met her boyfriend and some of her coworkers I previously knew. We played Cranium and hung out talking until midnight, when we had some champagne and shared our New Year's resolutions. Then my friends Nassim and Kara came over. Kara is also an ex-raver, although she was waaay more into the scene than I ever was. Yes, I'm a little jealous. Anyways, it turns out she used to spin every once in a while and when she gave it up, her friend got all her old amps, records and such. So, he and some other people she knew were hosting a grand New Year's party (a.k.a. rave). I simply had to go. Leaving my car at Elaine's guest parking, we all jumped into Nassim's car, and the journey began...

Nassim agreed to come as well, even though due to religious beliefs, she cannot drink or do any sort of drugs. We first went to the party at a bar here called Soprano's, it had been completely transformed into the best party ever, it was suppose to be $25 cover, but we got in for like $10 each. I drank excessive amounts and danced my ass off. I made eyes with a hot guy dancing without a shirt, and we did dance a bit. But alas, I decided that because I was with other people, I wouldn't try to sleep with him. Kara had a small supply of drugs from both her doctor and dealers. I decided against the E, and took a Ritalin instead. I wanted to have energy, but not as much as E would create. We partied on until 4am. Here's the kicker: the party was suppose to go to 6am, but because of licensing issues and police stopping by, they ended it at 4am. That is effectively like 8pm in rave-time, most of the ones I've been to don't finish off until like 8am. We knew from contacts that there was to be an after party, and so the second part continues....

We went back to Nassim's car and drove, using instructions given to us hurriedly, to a warehouse along the water near Esquimalt. It was pretty seedy, but whatever. At this point I was high and cold and just wanted to dance. Because the first party was suppose to end at 6am, not 4am, the second place wasn't set up yet. So, in reward for waiving the $15 cover, we helped set up speakers and such. This translated into standing around looking pretty, since we had no fucking clue what to do. We then hung around until about 5:30am, at which point hunger and sore legs won over, also the drugs were losing their effect. We then said our goodbyes, and headed to Nassim's house, where I had some of the best Persian rice and meat ever.. mmmm.

Having then satisfied my hunger, and feeling weary, I drove home. I am still buzzed, so I'm writing this in an effort to keep me occupied until it wears off.

And that, my friends, is all she wrote.

I will try and find some of the photos from the event, I should have taken my camera. I'm forgetting how to be a raver, GAWD. I think I'm going to get back into the scene a bit. If not to just have some fun every once a month or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds really high school.

Matt™ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.