Sunday, January 29, 2006

I kinda miss Dubai

(picture of part of Jumeira, where I lived)

While I've been procrastinating doing three gigantic assignments that are due tommorrow, I've been checking out blogs. I've discovered a whole bunch of one's from people living in the Middle East in countries that I've been to, It's really fun. This one is from Qatar, a small country that I went with my school on a soccer trip to. Twas fun, anyways, I must share this excerpt about the cold weather, maybe now people will believe me when I say its bloody cold here ! (compared to what I'm was used to)

From QatarCat :

It's so cold outside now.. I don't do cold. I whither, shrivel and suffer. Today when I got in the car the thermometer blinked +15 C° at me. This is inhumane and cruel. Then again, my mom told me that it’s -31 C° where she’s at. No comment. For those who prefer Fahrenheit, I can say only that +15 C° is cold but you can live, but -31 C° is when your nose, fingers and toes fall off and then you die.

Also, she wrote this about a day at work, which made me laugh VERY hard:

I got a laugh of a lifetime today, in the elevator. I pushed the button, waited for about a minute, the elevator arrived, I got in. I was alone. I pressed the button for my floor, doors closed, elevator started moving. Suddenly I heard heavy breathing and then someone said Uhh, hello. Good morning”. Honestly, I almost wet my pants. But a good mannered girl that I am, in about few seconds when I got to my senses I said “Good morning”. I knew I was alone in the elevator, but I didn’t look around. Then the voice asked “Do you know me?” Ok now THAT was stupid and not scary at all. Besides, by that time I realised that the voice was coming from the speaker. Therefore it must have been some bored security guard in a CCTV control room. And I have a pretty good idea which one! So I answered back “No, do you??” and banged on the speaker/mike with my car keys. I walked out followed by the idiot’s howling. The moral of the story – when you do pranks like that, make sure you don’t use a headset.

Anyways, so this is what I do to distract myself from the fact that I'm up to my ears in school work and also to forget that I work in less that two hours, ARGH.

ALSO, I figured out my New Year's resolutions using a handy little online website. Sounds like we can expect this year to be exciting ! :D


1) Get a pet skunk

2) Eat more chocolate syrup

3) Travel to Australia

4) Study taxidermy

5) Get in shape with ballet

9 comments:

Bravecat said...

LOL

Glad to be of service :^)

Matt™ said...

YAY ! haha, I'm such a dork aren't I ?

Bravecat said...

Nope :^)

It always amazes me that people who don't know me actually read my blog. You're welcome anytime.

Meow

Matt™ said...

I think we're online at the same time! LOL

Steph said...

Matthew, what is more important? School work, or me? Honistly, your priorities should be as follows... STEPH, school, work. Gawd, even my mom asked me where you had been the other day.

Matt™ said...

OMG, I haven't seen your mom in ages. I'm gonna call her tommorrow and ask her if she wants to go out for tea !

Also, I'm in the middle of midterms, and silly work won't give me time off!

Bravecat said...

Yup I know we are online at the same time :P

Matt™ said...

LOL, considering the time difference, its prolly morning there, and your at work.. ?

anyways, we should share messenger emails or something, to have a proper conversation... is that creepy ?

meh.

Bravecat said...

OK, and not creepy. At work and bored. Check your gmail

:^)