Thursday, January 05, 2006

Worst day EVER


I just want the day to end, which appears to be happening sooner than expected cause the clouds are dark and the sky is looking more sinister than normal.

Today started like any other back-to-school day. I woke up at 6am, for a 7:10 bus, which gets me to Uvic at about 8:15, ust in time for me to run to my 8:30 lecture. My mom makes me some lunch, which was a sweet gesture, also badly needed because I think she an tell I was running late. I barely catch the bus and off I go to the day of hell.

After being on the bus for only a couple of minutes, my head starts to hurt. Then my nose begins to run. So there I am sniffling with my head pounding, when I realise that I have forgotten my print-out that tells me what buildings and rooms all my classes are in for the day, crap ! I call mom and luckily she hasn't left to take my brother to school yet. She reads the paper to me, and I write it all down. After doing my transfer to another bus, the headache dies down. My nose is still running but whatever.

I'm sitting in the middle of my first class, which is Math 103, Mathematics and Matrix Algebra for Economics, when my nose starts to run more. I instinctively get a kleenex from my bag and blow it. Bad idea. Turns out I'm having a nose bleed. First day, right in the middle of class, my nose is pouring blood like the waters of the Nile. I stay in class and insist upon writing down notes and being as conspicious about stopping the raging waters. Eventually it stops, but not after getting some weird glares from other people in the class. What's their problem ??

So I have a break and meet some friends for breakfast, mmm cafeteria food, gah. I then head off to my 4 hours straight of lecture. In the middle of my third hour, my head starts ringing. It hurts so bad and immediately I know that I have a migraine comming on. I go to take 3 advil, which is normally a good way to nip those in the bud. Guess what ?! I only have two pills left. So, I take those, which leave me wit a dull pain, which I then have to live with for about 4 hours, till I get home.

Speaking of home, the bus ride was the best part. I finally get out of class, and rush to the busses, catching the first one I can find, and not caring about the transfer. I talk to Steph as it pulls out, with a strong feeling that I've forgotten something. The first bus was fine. I have to run for the second bus, on which the driver-lady barks something at me about them not suppose to wait that long or us. I get to the top of the double-decker and sit listenig to music. A loud yell distrupts me, and upon glancing around, I see an all-black clad, stud wearing, skin-head, very fat man sitting right behind me. He has decided that it would be best to point out and freak out about every little thing along our 45 minute journey. He even yells about how he can see, from his upstairs vantage point, down girl's tops when they board the bus, much to his girlfriend's annoyance. This was just great to listen to, even with my ipod on, I could hear his yelling.

Finally, I get off the bus and arrive home. upon entry, I am greeted by a question posed by my mom. You see, I was suppose to pick up some books from the library for her, to help with some research. I told her I had simply forgotten, and I felt soo bad. She just marches off and proclaims that that is "fucking great". I freaked. The combination of everything of the last 9 hours built up, I slammed my door shut, changed into comfy clothes and fell asleep for 30 mins. Upon waking I sat down and began to write this blog.

I'm sure I've had worse days, but today was pretty crappy as far as the average day goes.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Aw! I wish I hd been home for you to talk to! I'm so peeved that I missed the message you sent but I was at work and had accidentally elft my messnger on. By the way... this blog is way too long :P just kidding! I heart you!

Charlie said...

haha sounds like a pretty normal first day of class. Things always happen on the first day, love it. Mathematics and Matrix Algebra sounds like a hoot! Matricies (spelling?) rock. I think you'll like the logic behind it all.

Matt™ said...

I did a Matrices class before, but my instructor barely spoke English. I hated that class, but it was because of the instructor. I think this class i'm taking now I will actually like. Besides it's my only non-econ class, so the pure math should be a bit of a mind break.

Steph said...

Mathew + is a dork