Sunday, January 22, 2006

It's a Baby Girl !


I have a car, her name is Ayame !!

It's soo freaking exciting. No more commuting to Uvic by bus. No more smelling ugly people sitting next to me. No more stupid, angry transit employees. No more missing busses and waiting at stops in pouring rain for the next transfer in like 30 mins.

Glorious Internal Combustion Engine to call my own !

The person with the brand new car is my mom. She has a new black 2006 Honda Civic sedan. It's gorgeous, efficient and comfortably sleek. As a result, I now own my mom's old car, a metallic-beige 1992 Honda Accord. Since it's now new to me, I decided that renaming the car would be perfectly appropriate. I decided on Ayame, which is Japanese for Iris (the flower). I love the name because it respects her Japanese heritage, but is also sleek and meaningful, since Irises are a bit of a family emblem. It's also wonderfully gorgeous.

The only thing I need to do with it is install a new CD or MP3 player. Who listens to tapes anyways ? I also need to clean it out. I bought sleek new black floor mats to replace the worn-out carpet ones. I'm gonna give the car a deep-clean in like a week when I have time from school.

YAY, I can now commute in style !

5 comments:

Steph said...

wow, you put WAY too much thought into that cars name. It's as if you were naming an adopted japanese baby...

I'm happy for you anyways. Perhaps that's why I haven't heard from you in like TWO days! I'm going through Matthew with-drawl!

Matt™ said...

Well, I'm gay, and I hate most choldren, so chances are I won't ever have my own child. Much to my mom's disappointment, but thats a whole other story. Anyways, so this car is kinda my child/pet right now. Is that weird ?

Steph said...

yes

Charlie said...

Ummmm you can totally have kids even though your gay - not necessarily the old fashion way (that would be ewe), but yeah adoption, artifical insemination with your favorite lesbian, or whatever else you can think of totally works.

I'd love to have a car. I just don't like them when their in diapers. Wonder if you can order them at certain ages...

I'll have a 5 year old, not too spoiled, must be easy on the eyes, and from a good stock. Hmmmm, I should start thinking about names...

Steph said...

he's just not intrested in kids period