Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Balancing Act


OH MY GOOD SWEET MERCIFUL ZOMBIE JEBUS !

Ok, here's the delio. Not only did I accept a Co-op position yesterday, but today I had TWO requests for an interview with Government jobs. I have accepted both and have a computerized skill test tommorrow for one and aninterview for one on next Wednesday.

It's overwhelming. I had originally agreed to start work at the one I accepted yesterday next week, which I am now biting myself for doing. I would much rather work at these Ministry jobs because they are better paid and more related to my degree ($17.96 an hour vs. $12 an hour). I have now emailed them and told the President, whom I know, that I won't be able to start until May 1st, hopefully buying me some time to see what happens with these other two jobs.

My current employer, Starbucks, just literally called while I was writing this blog, and asked me to remain on as a Supervisor, just working on the weekends, until the end of May. They would appreciate it, because they are already understaffed before I left, and are even moreso now. I have tentitively agreed, but told them that it may change.

The interview/test that I have tommorrow is two hours of multi-tasking testing and typing testing that I have to go through. I really want that job and hope that it all works out.

I never knew that being such a hot labour commodity was such a huge amount of work ! What a balancing act ! But it sure is fun
:D

8 comments:

Steph said...

Good things come to those who wait

Bravecat said...

Hehe I told ya!

See, everything worked out in the end. now you just have to choose wisely. Oh and then of course there is this shopping in Vancouver...

I wish things were happening to me too! Sigh..

ku E said...

so happy for you ;)

did i hear someone said that you are going to vancouver?!!!

Matt™ said...

Yes, yes I am going to Vancouver. I will take many a photo for you, and then post them here ! :D

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Steph, you are totally right, thank god I didn't take the first position I was offered !

And QatarCat, you are welcome to come along to Vancouver, if you so wish ;)

Unknown said...

Hmmmm.... I see Rob Schneider (who I hate) going "You can DO it!"

http://images.hollywood.com/images/large/l_1741858.jpg

Steph said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIOTCH!

Truthspew said...

Oh Matthew - beware government jobs. I can say that as a state employee with four years under my belt.

It isn't a bad living per se. But if you're an I.T. guy, the demands are enormous.

Matt™ said...

Yes, but aren't you in the States? Things can be different north of the border.