Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Vancouver !

Ah, So the weekend was loads of fun. We had dinner on friday night in Surrey, as I was staying with a coworker who's family lived in Surrey. Not the ghetto part, but the nice part that had large woody areas and safe neighbourhoods. We started Saturday at 9am with a trip to Spa Utopia, the most wonderful spa in the world. You enter the island oasis and dress in your robe and sandals, adn then lounge I lounged in the steamroom for many a minute. Then I rested in the waiting area for my spa person, there were dried fruits, fresh fruits, wine, juices and cheese. Soooo wonderfully relaxing. I had a pedicure with Ally (the woman who we went with) and enjoyed my white wine and orange juice at 9am. Later we went to White Rock for lunch at a restaurant called "Charlie Don't Surf", which was good. I got a little tipsy from there particularly strong long island ice teas, but then I don't particularly like shopping sober anyways. Speaking of which, I purchased some rather butt-fabulous Guess jeans from the outlet mall we went to in Langley. It was wonderful, the Mexx outlet was wonderful too, and I am a proud owner of way too many tees and sirts from there now. We went to Krispy Kreme donuts in Surrey, and ate way too many. Andrea and I shared a box of a dozen, soo much happiness ! The day was amazing, the night not so much, we went to a country bar, enough said. I dislike country with a fairly strong passion (except Shania).

Sunday was good too, we did some shopping in Surrey, and then caught the ferry home. All in all a wonderful relaxing weekend. Just what the doctor ordered.

P.S. My camera has died, so I will need to recharge it before I upload the pics from it, and post them here. There are some fabulous ones.

5 comments:

Bravecat said...

Sounds like fun! Pics pics!

Anonymous said...

MATT! You went to Vancouver and didn't go to Robson Street?!?!?!? SINNER! anyway, I'm uber jealous of your Spa-ing, wench, it sounds like a really nice spa. Anyway, I'm coming home for the summer, so we should hang out!

ku E said...

yea... pictures pictures!!! :D

Steph said...

UPDATE!

Charlie said...

Haha your shopping expedition made you sound like an America. What an adventure! Next time you should top it off with some fast food. Vancouver totally rocks, sigh I won't be over until may long weekend, I think I'm going through withdrawl...hehe.