Saturday, March 22, 2008

Home, Sweet Home

Well, after almost 4 days of negotiations, and bartering back and forth on price, terms, and dates... Cody and I finally own our first home together !

Its a cute condo, in a nice building called King's Court in Surrey, BC. The guy that currently lives in it has maintained it nicely, and done some little upgrades, but we have big plans, especially for the fabulous patio !

I quite love it, its perfect because we like it the way it is, but also have great plans for upgrading the unit and making it ours. I am totally excited !

We move-in May 1st ! Cody and I are going to re-paint it a nicer golden-yellow colour, and probably something of an olive green or such in the bedrooms... Cody also wants to tear out the cabinet door outside, and put in nicer solid-wood ones. Eventually we have bigger plans, but its good for now, its just nice to actually own something for once, and finally stop renting !





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the purchase. I note you want gold and green, check out this shot, it's how our living room was in our old apartment.

Disregard the bad furniture.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/77384648_ecb34e5ed6_b.jpg

The upper half is basically school bus yellow with brown and gold glazes applied. The bottom is an olive green.

The upper half looked awesome when the sun hits it.

Matt™ said...

I love the lower colour, and I LOVE chair-railing along the side of the wall.

I dunno about that orange/gold colour... its a little too orange for me, I would want more of a yellow-gold, but thats totally along the lines of what I want to do with this place !

I love that olive green/brown colous on the bottom !

Bravecat said...

Wow see, someone did care enough about you getting a place, after all!

Looks great :)