Monday, March 03, 2008

Takashi Marakami !

I LOVE the new Mika music video... its to a song that I have listened to for a while, since he debut album... but he has never had an official music video to it, now we know why: He had something up his sleeve !

Silly Mika !

The animation of the movie was done by the infamous Japanese animator Takasshi Marakami, who is best known for his animations, but also for his sculpture artwork, and his wonderful creative designs, many of which are in art museums.

He even recently teamed up with Louis Vuitton (whom anyone who knows me, knows I'm a little obsessed with...) and they did a series of fabulous LV bags with his characteristic colourful cartoon prints. They showcased them in an art gallery show in New York (I seem to recall, although it might have been somewhere else...), and I think the works are all limited time. Sadly, I am sure they are all sold... I will have to buy one and become a crazed collector once I can afford to !



The last one was being sold on eLuxury.com, at as an 'affordable' way to buy into the historic collection. The shoulder-clutch-little-thing was $690 US, and sold-out in less than 24 hours !

Dammit, Cody make more money !

Now, lets all watch the FABULOUS new Mika music video, which was the original point of this posting, before I got distracted by pretty bags !

No comments: