Sunday, July 16, 2006

Feist and Erika !


Feist actually came to little Victoria ! I went with a friend of mine (Deylth), and we were amazed. She is actually better live than any of her recordings. She plays with the songs and sang them a little different each time. I love her, she just has this bohemian air about her. All of Centenial Square, where she performed, reeked of weed, haha.



After the concert, some friends and I all went to Canoe Club. Along the way, Deyth and I decided we wanted some weed. She decides to then go up to every native or skater person she sees along the way and ask them for weed. This is apparently a very good tactic, because the third person she asked sold us some ! The best part was how she approached them. She would literally say 'excuse me sir, but I was wondering if you happen to have any marijuana we could purchase'. I was laughing so hard !

Anyways, so we then realised that we need rolling papers, so also along our walk, we notice some guys smoking on a balcony along the street. She stops, and in her most flirtatious way, asks them for some. They actually gave us some, but only after some intense flirting on her part. I am so jealous of how women can get whatever they want that way. grr.


Anyways, so we drank at Canoe Club, went to the side and smoked it, and just hung out until about midnight. At this point the two girls decided they really want to go to the gay bar. So, despite my intense disagreement, they dragged me to the gay bar. It's such a sleeze hole. Anyways, so we went there, and guess who I met !?

My trainer from the Bank !! He was out with his boyfriend, it was awesome, we all hung out for a bit. I tried to convince Nathan to come out with us, but he refused, cause he had to work saturday morning at like 8am. Then, later, his roomate comes in and tells me how Nathan stayed up till 1am with him drinking tequila anyways. I was very mad.

Things are better now, but I think that something is up with Nathan. He just seems really tired, and yesterday he wouldn't let me come over for 30 minutes because he had 'plans'. I just thought it was weird, cause he was at home. I mean, what plans did he have ?! argh, whatever.

I'm talking to my friend Erika who has been living just outside Amsterdam as an Au Pair nanny for the past year. She is coming back in a month, and I am SO exicted. She's telling me about how she orders a joint with her coffee in the morning at this coffeeshop run by two old ladies on the way to school to learn dutch. I miss Erika SO MUCH ! She was my wild evil side during my first year, then she went and left me ! So tragic...

But she's coming baaacck soon ! Muwahaha. Here are some pic of her in the Netherlands :

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is erika by the way... so it is possible for me to be in a picture with my mouth shut, I just choose not to... Matt when I get back we're gonna kick some serious victoria and sidney ass! yeah, that's right, we're going clubbing in SKIDNEY, WOOT! but we'll have to dress all punkish and act all depressed about our parents so that we blend in with all the native Skidners. Oh, and bring a belt, some yarn and a McDonald's coupon for a kid's happy meal... I'll explain later.
over-and-out,
-erika

Matt™ said...

Huh, I can understand the yarn, but why the belt and coupon ?!

oh, and you can't go clubbing in skidney, there aren't any clubs ! :(

other than that, roger-roger.