Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Heart Club Monaco


My pants from Club Monaco, one of my favourite stores ever, arrived in the mail today. There are two pair, both are a lovely thin, silky wool. One pair is black with an off-white pinstripe, the other is a subtle grey pattern. They are hot.

In case you don't know, the story behind me getting pants Fedex-ed to me starts last Sunday. I was shopping downtown for all the essential clothing requirements of my first week, to ensure I look as hot as possible at work. I bought a pair of Aldo shoes, with the help of Nathan, for 50% off (love employee discount). A gorgeous Matinique thin black silk tie, blue pinstripe shirt, and a pair of fabulous dark cream Club Monaco dress pants. While I was there, I fell in love with the two pairs of thin wool pants described above. They were on sale to boot, for $49 (instead of the original $129). Best sale ever ! They were out of my waist size (31), and the other ones simply would not work. The manager was fabulous and actually called around for almost an hour to find a store in western Canada that had the two pairs I wanted. He eventually found a store in Edmonton, of all places, that had them. For a small charge of $6 a pant, they were Fedex-ed to my house, and charged directly onto my Visa card.

I was so impressed that the manager recognised that I spend a lot of money (easily thousands a year) and time in that store, and went the extra mile for me. Anyone out there who does not frequently go to Club Monaco should ! I will definately be recommending them as much as I can.

They are so wonderful and fabulous, and I got two for less than the original price of one pair, I cannot wait to wear them to RBC tommorrow. Speaking of which, the bank training is going wonderfully. I am treated so well there, its amazing. It's completely overwhelming, and I am simply amazed by how much these people need to know. I cannot wait until tommorrow though. Despite how hard it all is, and how overwhelmed I feel, I am excited to go to work everyday, and that is priceless.

2 comments:

Steph said...

you're funny

Bravecat said...

Yup you're funny. And I think you should post a pic of yourself in those pants.