Sunday, July 30, 2006

I love Sundays.

I just realised something, I will never have to work on a Sunday ever again. Furthermore, I am promising myself that I will never work at a job on a Sunday for the rest of my life, its exciting !

I'm doing laundry, washing regular clothes and getting my dress shirts pressed for tommorrow. I love the simple pleasures of life so much. I just make myself some coffee an hour ago and have been watching a 'What Not to Wear' marathon on TLC.

I had an awesome weekend, and I'm getting my first paycheque on Friday from the bank ! They have an online system, so I can see what my paycheque will be beforehand, which I must say is rather useful. It's the largest paycheque I have ever gotten, and it is exciting. I'm really happy right now, even though there is no significant other in my life right now, I feel fine about it. I do not need someone else to make me fabulous ! My job is great, and it has career posibilities, school starts soon, and I'm excited for it.

I'm starting to feel what I can only describe as 'comfortable in my own skin'. It feels great. It helps that I probably found the most perfect place in the whole world for me to move into when I decide to move out.

One of my co-trainees at the Main Branch in Victoria lives just across the water in a nice part of Esquimalt, in a house built in the 1920's. It's gorgeously bohemian. There is a huge egg painted on one wall of the gigantic kitchen and the firplace is a huge, with brightly painted walls. It has all original hardwood floors and is on a large lot. It also technically has three bedrooms, but right now its her and her friend living there. The third bedroom (hopefully mine in the future) is actually a redone part of the attic, it overlooks the street through these funky old shuttered windows, and has a slanted ceiling, which I love. You get to the room via this narrow, steep staircase, but that is the only downside. The room is quite small, but the closet is HUGE, which is good for me. I love the livingroom too, which they said I could add me desk to, and make part of it into a study for me.

Now, for the best part. The house is owned by her parents, and they do not have a mortgage on it, so they pay rediculously cheap rent, $800 total for the entire place. If I moved in, they would charge me $200, and each pay $300 themselves, because I'm getting the smallest room, and because it's in the attic. I cannot believe how cheap that is. Its not uncommon to pay $600+ for a semi-decent bachelor studio appartment here, and this is a room in a huge funky old house with hardwood floors that is a 10 minute bus ride from downtown. They are also not 'looking' for a roomate, so the room is pretty much mine whenever I decide to move out, since I have no competition for it.

I think I know where I am going to move into come January.

It's a rainy Sunday, the best kind, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

2 comments:

Truthspew said...

Matt,

I'm glad things are working out for you. Now wish me luck - hopefully I'll get a call for a second interview at the AG's office. Yes, I worked there before and loved it when I was there. I want to go back.

Matt™ said...

AG ?

Assistant General ?