Monday, July 24, 2006

You see these shackles baby ? I'm your slave...

So, it's official. I like Justin Timberlakes' new song "SexyBack".

It's honestly the first song of his that I have liked, and it makes me respect him. I mean, look how much he has changed ! When your listening to it, its hard to imagine that he was part of N Sync.

The song is so original, with a good beat, and hot lyrics, it just really impresses me. It's hard to find an artist out there that is willing to rethink they're styles, adventure into new areas and reinvent themselves. That is what separates any artist from a classic. Classics have adapted themselves to the trends, sometimes setting them, and are always original and never afraid to reinvent themselves when they wish.

That, coincidently, is also what I so respect about Madonna. She has existed for three decades, and in each one she was a hit, with original music and a creative style. She not only adapted, but set trends. It says a lot about the true talent that someone can do that.

If Justin can keep it up, I can see myself remaining a fan.

And for those of you who have not heard SexyBack, go download it ...
*cough* I mean, buy it legally !!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Only Justin Timberlake can sing and Madonna can't

Matt™ said...

Madonna can totally sing.

Maybe not so much her recent stuff, but her songs from the 80's and 90's, she was a fabulous singer !

Steph said...

She was a good singer.... She's never been that great. Her singing isn't want sells her CDs.

Bravecat said...

I agree with Steph. I don't think she can sing all that well. I love her songs though :)