Saturday, November 03, 2007

Civilization IV

I just ordered Civ IV on eBay today, and thanks to the rapidly rising Canadian dollar, paid the US price of $60USD (about $55 Canadian) for a game being sold in Canada for $99.

The fact that prices are 20% higher in Canada than the US, despite the fact that our dollar is the highest its been since 1957(when we went off the Gold standard), closing at 1.07 USD yesterday, is a whole other issue that I could rant about for a long time... and I might just in a later post.

Suffice to say, many Canadians are buying things like this awesome computer game at a significant discount through American sites and then shipping them up... some even buying cars for $10,000+ less than the price in Canada. Canadian retailers are suffering, and deserve to until they get their heads out of their collective asses...

*cough* focus, anyways, what this post is REALLY about is this game, and how excited I am to be getting it in the mail sometime next week !!!

I am not allowing myself to open the box until I am done my midterms as of Friday, but after that I anticipate I will be barely heard from over the days to follow.

I am just so bloody excited !

Check out the intro movie to the game:



This is the Official Advertisement for the game:



And this is the Advertisement for the Expansion Pack:



I cannot wait !!!

The graphics are awesome, and their are such new things you can do, like form your own religion, and a completely unique governments you can fully create !

Weeee !!!

2 comments:

Bravecat said...

Boys...

"rolls eyes"

:P

Matt™ said...

What !?!!?

Its cool !

Cody has his tools, I have my computer games... and shoes, lets not forget about the shoes.