Thursday, February 16, 2006

Kinda miss it.

Just thought I would share some of the things they are building in Dubai right now. Thanks to Qatarcat for the inspiration.



Two of these had been started when I left, but none of them had been finished while I was there. I seriously miss aspects of living there, but I also remember hating aspects of living there. Namely the racism, the social problems and the sandstorms.

Nevertheless, I've decided that when I'm done my degree I'm going to get a contract and move back there.

UPDATE:

It's suppose to be -14c with the wind chill here tommorrow. There are wind warnings for tonight, and I'm suppose to expect to loose power. I hat winter, this just provides more motivation. I need to go somewhere warm. GAWD, its cold out.

3 comments:

Steph said...

They always say there is going to be snow and 75% of the time it doesn't come. Especially on this part of the Island.

Bravecat said...

Can't believe you haven't seen Burj Al Arab!!!

What a doll, that hotel.

Matt™ said...

I know, it was under construction when I left. *sigh*