Saturday, February 11, 2006

Only 6 months to go !


Ok, so here's the deets:

I wake up this morning and get in the shower, afterwards my mom tells me that work called. hrm, odd, I'm already working a full 8 hours today, they can't be calling me in early, so what do they want ?

I call them back, and lo-and-behold, Lindsay, my other closer, has called in sick. Huh, bet she's just hungover, meh. Oh, but now I am short staffed for about 4 hours tonight. greeeat. So, essentially work has called to just let me know that I am royally screwed tonight, cause no one is availlable to cover. Why can't they just tell me that when I get to work, so I don't know until then ?? Cause frankly, I don't give much of a rat's behind that they are "working" on it, and it ruins my morning.

Also, I had taken a day off next week because I had a midterm the next day that I had to study for, my manager forgot or didn't realise that I had requested that day off, and scheduled me to work anyways. Well, guess what ?? It's happened again. I asked for Feb 25 off, because my mom is going out with one of her best friends (Shari) that day to celebrate Shari's birthday. I got sceduled to work anyways. Weeee !

I got into the Co-op program at Uvic, as many of you are aware, so I'm planning on doing my first workterm in Sept. This means I will have to either demote myself and work only part-time at Starbucks, while I work 9-5 at a nice degree-related career job; Or I get to quit Starbucks forever.

I'm leaning a LOT more towards the latter of the two options. I am just fed up of working somewhere that I'm paid peanuts to do not only my job but a lot of other manager's jobs too. THEN, whenever I ask for days off I'm seen as being lazy, because I only work 25hrs/week since I'm a full-time University student, or I'm just not given them, because the manager's above me are incompetent.

I'm soooo quitting in 6 months....

Only 6 months away....

6 months....

2 comments:

Steph said...

Wah, everyone is quitting and all this negative engery is depressing me. Sersiouly, I don't care if it is, but it's all Kevan's fault.

Bravecat said...

And then what? :^)