Sunday, February 12, 2006

Mind Wandering

So, here I am, watching Desperate Housewives. The SECOND best show in the world. Grey's Anatomy being the best, naturally.

Anyways, so this is a pointless rant. I rather enjoy these. I've been thinking a lot about my life today, about where I am, what am I doing. I agree with myself, that I have taken the best road, and (for the most part) made the best decisions. However, I also am disappointed with myself for sometimes being a little lazy. I sometimes think that I could try harder at school, and I could try harder at finding the perfect person, and I could try to enjoy life more.

I think that this all coincides with my turning 20. Yes, for most people that is a young age, but there are millionares and successful business tycoons who had already launched they're careers at that age. I'm nowhere near that sort of career-launching capacity right now, I can barely get out of bed to study on Sundays !

I think that the whole finding the "perfect person" thing can be put on ice right now. I'm realistic, I can focus on the rest of my life first, and hopefully that will fall into place at some later time. Or not, its not as if I've always subscribed to the notion of every person having a soulmate, its just not something I really believe, although I most certainly still believe in love.

The point is, there are a lot of things I want for myself, and things I want to accomplish in my life, and I'm not sure I'm moving fast enough in order to do these things.

Wait ! Am I being skin-deep ? Selfish ? Should I devote myself to tireless volunteer work and endevour to make the world a better place? Hrm, yes and no.

Anyways, I can't wait to start off my ACTUAL career, then I won't mind working 60 hours a week, or even 70.

Wait. But isn't my studying intensely right now a huge factor in my payoff in the end? Isn't it a little ironic to say I'll work harder when the stakes are higher ? I need to be putting 110% into every little assignment, test, project and lab that I do TODAY. No better way to improve your probability of a good outcome tommorrow, than to work your ass off right now !

I love it when I just let my mind wander, I come to the best realisations. This was just what I needed, I was losing momentum, and now I have it back !

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm off to go and study.

10 comments:

Steph said...

Dude... we need to hang out soon.

Unknown said...

Grey's Anatomy is definitely the best show ever. And I love Desperate Housewives.... although I have to say that Family Guy and The OC rank up there SOMEWHERE. Particularly Family Guy. I can see the OC's drama right there in front of me... but I still love it.

Matt™ said...

I posted a comment while I was at school, but I dont see it up there. How odd. hrm. ??

Anonymous said...

Grey's Anatomy nearly killed me the other night. I'm still recovering from my heart attack. Would you believe that someone actually called during that hour- where I nearly died along with Meredith?

Matt™ said...

I heart your equal obsession with that show, Anna. I totally thought Meredith was going to die, and then Dr.McDreamy, WTF was with him showing up at the end. sooo random !

ku E said...

hi there Matt,
tqsm for dropping-by. actually m rushing for a function in ipoh. i'll read through yr blog more when i come back occay?!!... and tell me more abt Vancouver! :)

Steph said...

Why do you have so many blog friends and I only have you... you suck.

p.s. I signed you up for bowling at work

Matt™ said...

What bowling ? Where ? who is providing the bowls ? Is Kevan going ?

Steph said...

Kevan is planning it, but more importantly, Sam is going.... and it's bowling yo! Bowling is fun even if you suck, which I do!

Bravecat said...

LOL
Desperate Housewives rock!

I am 30 and I have NO CLUE what to do with my life.

Steph,

you've got to visit around, for people to come visit you :^)

=^..^=