Sunday, September 03, 2006

Adequate Resolution

Ok, so this is a follow-up to the stripper incident post. haha, that sounds funny. Anyways...

So, Cody went out and had a great time. The friend he was with, Brian, has a BF, but they are apparently in a new relationship and have decided to be "open" right now. Therefore, if either of them see someone they want to have sex with, they do so, but they remain only in a "relationship" with one another. Cody and I agree that while that may work for them, it sure as hell does not work for us !

So Cody went out, and he said the places were amazing. Apparently the first two strip joints were really sleezy and he didn't like them, but the last place was really classily done and really fun atmosphere. He liked it, but said that he was kinda feeling lonely. Apparently the guys in Montreal are very in your face and aggressive, and he had a hard time with how often he was being hit on... and Brian wasn't helping, cause he was trying to convince him to fling while he was in the city. I am going to kill that Brian.

Yea, so then when Brian went to go leave, Cody decided he had to leave too, because he was being way too tempted by the hot boys everywhere. We talked a bit when he came home, and this morning, and he really opened up about how he felt.

He said had a really strong urge to just have a fling, and was kind of mad for a bit that he wasn't single when he was out. But then he felt extremely bad for thinking that, and started feeling guilty that the thought had even crossed his mind, which is cute, but doesn't quite make it right in my opinion.

I can understand how he must of felt, and it was hard for him, so he left because he didn't want to be tempted any more. I must admit that I was angry that he had been tempted and that he had wanted to do cheat for a bit, but it doesn't surprise me, thats why I didn't want him going in the first place ! ARgh.

Anyways, so now its over, and I can move on. I'm still jealous, but whatever, like Steph said, I will be until he comes home, its just who I am. We are on better terms now, and I feel like things are getting back to normal. I really had no idea now amazingly intensely emotional these Long Distance Relationships can be, I can't wait until Cody is home.

4 comments:

Truthspew said...

Matthew,

Let me just tell you that it's really hard for a dog to reform. Really hard. I know, I did it.

When I met my partner of the past 13 years I had a number of regular partners. Gave that all up and know what, don't miss it. It's nice to come home to a house that isn't empty.

Steph said...

You should really read this book I'm reading even though you're in a relationship with a guy who's "into you". It's the "He's just not that into you" book. There are some parts I don't agree with, but on the whole it's very educational and libertating. I'm lending it to a couple of friends when I finish it, but you should read it.

Bravecat said...

:^)

Latingirl said...

I lived in a Lond Distance Relationship for 2 years, that was so hard i understand what you are living now ...