Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to Madness

So, it's the 'back to school' week, woo hoo !

I don't actually start classes until Wednesday, but I'm up right now way too early for work, and so I thought I might as well write on here what is going through my mind right now. I cannot wait to go back to school, but I also do not want to go back to having no life. RBC has given me like 35 hour workweeks, while I'm doing four classes at UVic. I don't quite know how I am going to do it.

I know that they gave me the schedule out of kindness, they give more hours to the good employees. It's the sort of place where you work hard to get more than part-time hours, but part-time is all that I want. I'm going to go in and talk to my manager today, which may not be the best idea but its the only time I can think of to do this, and the earlier, the better.

It's going to be SO freaking busy at work today, its the day back from a long weekend, and my manager was off sick all of last week. I love my new job, but I wish I knew today wasn't going to be insane. It's not really insane like Starbucks would be, its busy, but a different type of busy-ness.

Oh well, I should be happy to have an awesome job, and lucky to be at UVic and just get over it all ! haha. I'm going to go have some coffee.

4 comments:

Truthspew said...

35 hours is part time? Holy spaghetti monster, my full time week is 35 hours.

Glad I'm I.T. and not banking.

Matt™ said...

Yea, so do that and 4 full-time courses at UVic, so about another 30 hours a week there. Effectively I'm doing 60-70 hours of stuff a week.

WooHoo !! I cannot wait until this month is OVER.

Steph said...

I just realised the other day I'm not going to have another day off until thanksgiving. I'm going to have to be big on the time managment thing. I told Dan I could work 8 hours sun and mon plus two four hour precloses during the week but he's only schedualing me on sun and mon. Then he tells me he's not sure Mandy will keep me as a shift when I go back. Well... My availability says 24 hours a week, which is the requirement so... she'll have to fire me.

Bravecat said...

Until recently my full time was 25 hours a week. Now it's sadly 40.

Good luck! Hope you find time to blog.