Saturday, September 30, 2006

Interview with me



Thats it, I'm a vampire.





I watched Interview with the Vampire starring Tom Cruise (yum) and Brad Pitt (more yum). Best movie I think I have seen of the genre. It was part of my GERS 487 class, Vampire Culture and Mythology/Legend. It was amazing, I was impressed and overwhelmed with emotions throughout it. The mark of a good film is when it ends, and I never once noticed time was even passing. This story was like that, I was so sad when it ended, it was spectacular.

After watching it, I've decided that I am a vampire in spirit. I am obviously not planning on going around sucking the blood of mortals any time soon, but parts of my personality already match up. I've always been fascinated by them, since I was a child, but never been afraid of them. I usually dress as one for All Hallow's Night. I HATE sun, in fact, its been a very warm fall thus far, lots of sunshine and warmth. Every morning I wake up to the warmth and sunlight in my room, it disgusts me. I love the weather right now, its chilly outside, foggy, and its dark with the soft light of streetlamps. Its my eden. Moody, thoughtful, secretive and mystical, so much more civilized.




I must say that both those men were even sexier to me as vampires, and the costumes were gorgeous. I think that deep down my fascination with vampires stems from my secret jealousy of them. They are immortal, see all, and possess an air of mystery and mystic that I adore.

Therefore, I now declare myself a vampire. Like I said, I do not plan on sucking anyones blood, but I plan on recognising the part of myself that enjoys the dark, foggy, cold night, bundling up in fine cloths and scarves and is fascinated with immortality and spirit. It is romantic to me.

I'm really enjoying this class.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting revalation you had... not sure how I feel about this... nervous comes to mind lol...

Bravecat said...

Cody, run for your life!!

Matt, you can NOT be serious! You have just watched this movie? It's the best movie ever and I am a vampire junkie thanks to it. Now if you really liked it - go get the book. If you think the guys in the movie were sexy - wait till you read it. It will drive you crazy! Anne Rice, Vampire Chronicles: Interview with the Vampire, Vampire Lestat, and a bit more complex but fab Queen of the Damned (however the movie sucked). And of course if you get hooked - there are plenty more books in Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I should know... sigh... I have them all.

:D

Steph said...

really? you hate the sun? is that why you're always cold? hm? is it?

Matt™ said...

Perhaps, I am cold a lot, which creates an interesting relationship seeing as I dislike the sun but am always cold.

Anyways, I love your comment Qatarcat, I really want to read the book Queen of the Damned. I wish you could be taking this class with me, its soo much fun ! I still can't believe I'm getting credits towards my degree for it ! haha. I'm going to buy and read that book, maybe this week ! That is, if I ever finish Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Bravecat said...

I wish I could be taking this class, too!

Unknown said...

Well, I am a pirate wench, although I would certainly be the captain's wench, not just ANY Old pirate's wench. I think that you and I would get along jolly well in our fantasy worlds.

Property of Cap'n Jack Sparrow!

Johnny and I have always been close, so I was not surprised to learn that he make s afabulous pirate as well. Henceforth I am a pirate for Halloween this year. Arrr!

Unknown said...

PS you must read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer!!!!!

Matt™ said...

Good to know !