Thursday, May 11, 2006

Money, Money, Moneeyy

So, the price of gold is skyrocketing. So are the profits of the firms excavating gold and those starting out. I have recently heard of a company through my coworker that is just opening its first mine in North Africa. It's a penny stock, barely worth over a dollar a share. I'm heading to my bank today to set up an online trading account, so I can purchase and sell shares online. Setting up the account is free, but I'm not sure I want to buy into this company. I have researched the business and it is legitimate, and the stock broker I talked to knew of them. I would normally not, but I have a large sum of money sitting in an account to pay for my schooling. It would be great if the money was earning more than its current 3% interest annually. I was thinking of investing a small amount, just to see what happens, and then make further investments based on that. The thing is, if I lose all the money I am royally screwed. But, if these shares keep on jumping as high as they are, then I could easily make a couple thousand, probably more. It's such a toss-up.

OH, fabulous news ! Not only am I currently dating a guy that is cute and sweet, but a new one has appeared. He had sent me an email about two weeks ago through Hi5, this website that connects you to your friends and then new people throught them. It turns out that his best girlfriend's best friend is related to one of my friends. Anyways, he emailed me and we chatted on messenger for a bit. He works just down the street from where I live, I'm going to just go into his work and check him out a little bit, you know, to scope out the goods... So, now I need to go and make myself pretty.

OH, and I called into work sick yesterday, which I felt bad about cause I think someone had to work overtime to cover me. Anyways, I woke up this morning with this horrible headache and a lot of sneezing. There was also dried blood on my two fingers and in my ear. No freaking idea how that happened ! I'm sure it was just that the skin of the ear got dry and cracked and bled, but just to be careful, I have a doctor's appointment on Monday.

Anyways, got to go and get ready to go and scope out the second man. Oh, dear, I sense this may end in drama.


"Don't Call Me Baby" - Madison Avenue

You and me, we have an opportunity
And we could make it something really cool
But you, you think I'm not that kind of *boy*
I'm here to tell you baby, I know how to rock your world


Don't think that I'm not strong
I'm the one to take you on
Don't underestimate me boy
I'll make you sorry you were born
You don't know me
The way you really should
You sure misunderstood


Dont' call me baby
You got some nerve, and baby that'll never do
You know I don't belong to you
It's time you knew I'm not your baby
I belong to me, so
Don't call me baby


Behind my smile is my IQ
I must admit, this does not sit, with the likes of you
You're really sweet
Mmm, you're really nice
But didn't mama ever tell you not to play with fire?


4 comments:

Steph said...

Some guy came in and asked "Does Matthew still work here?" at work tonight... Maybe HE was scoping YOU out. Although he didn't seem gay to me OR Davin so... I don't know. He was kinda cute though.

Matt™ said...

What did he look like ? What was his name ? Did he leave a message or number ?

Steph said...

Obviosuly I didn't ask his name. He didn't leave a message or number, he was talking to Davin and I think all he asked was if you still worked there. He was sort of regular hight, looked around our age, shortish brown hair... He ordered a lot of drinks. : 3 grande mocha fraps, a tall cafe vanilla frap, and a grande white chocolate mocha.

Bravecat said...

LOL Steph you're a genius. How do you remember all these drinks???