Sunday, May 28, 2006

So much News !!

Ok, so let's start with the oldest information first, which makes no sense. I hate being chronological anyways !

I'm literally on cloud nine. I got called on Thursday for a second interview at RBC (Royal Bank of Canada for you foreigners ;P). I went in at 10am on Saturday to see the Manager of Client Care for the branch. She is hilarious, we had a long conversation about how our lives would shatter if it wasn't for post-its™. Anyways, so the 'interview' was actually just her asking me what my availlability would be for July and August and if I have a way to get downtown to do the first 4 weeks of training. I was pretty exstatic. She then told me that pending a criminal record check, I am effectively hired. I should expect my job offer letter and package in the mail by the end of this week coming up. I am a mixture of relief and excitement. It's funny though, after all these months of complaining about how dumb my current job is, I feel very reserved about telling people the news. I am afraid of being a jerk at work by seemingly rubbing it in people's noses. So, I'm only telling the people I am friends with. I have no idea wether or not I am going to quit Starbucks or stay on part-time. We'll just have to see.

In other news, WHAT WAS WITH THE SEASON FINALE OF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA !? If anyone out there watches the show as well, please tell me what the hell they were thinking by these new twists ?? Effectively, the idiot that almost made the entire human race extinct was elected President of the Colonies. He then procedes to settle the surviving ships on New Caprica, which is the dumbest idea ever ! Then the Cylons come a year later, and almost everyone is going to die except Odama and his son, because they were the only ones smart enough to stay on the two Battlestars, so they could jump away. Idiotic fools ! They had better make some things right in the next season, or else I don't see how humanity isn't going to go extinct.

In related news, which actually isn't at all, I took yet another online test. This time it was to find out what kind of coffee I am. The results were surprisingly accurate. Not only do I usually drink just espresso with some hot water and a little cream, but it seems to have gotten my personality perfectly ! This one was definately more accurate than the 'abnormal' one. Oh, and for you Starbucks™ gurus, they spell Frappuccino™ wrong if you get it as your answer. I almost cried.
And the results are:

You Are an Espresso

At your best, you are: straight shooting, ambitious, and energetic

At your worst, you are: anxious and high strung

You drink coffee when: anytime you're not sleeping

Your caffeine addiction level: high

4 comments:

Bravecat said...

Woot woot!

:D

I'd be on cloud nine, too!

Matt™ said...

hehe, I totally am !

I expect it will last the next month until my training starts ;)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was browsing for RBC interview tips and found your blog. Any tips on what the phone interview is going to be like? Thanks! And congratulations on getting the job!