Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Waxing: Part II

Ok, so after my traumatic experience with my old esthetician, I simply went to a new one. She was an old friend in High School, and just started at the high-end Aveda salon I (and Steph) go to. She was wonderful. I naturally got the redness afterwards, so she put on a lovely Chanel liquid foundation to hide the redness until it fades later tonight. I am impressed with the results, my brows don't look "done" but rather just sculpted. It's fabulous.

We also talked about a wonderful film we both rented this weekend (we apparently think alike) called Match Point, it is simply wonderful. Everyone who reads this should go out and rent it. The film is a perfect British thriller. It starts as an off-beat romantic plot, that quickly turns from lovely to eerie to downright disturbing. I loved it. Simply the best movie since the Oscars.

The film also inspired a change of hair for me. That and the new job, where it will be necesary to look better. It will also be easier to upkeep good hair, Less steam, heat and such. Since I have stereotypical male mousy brown British hair that never wants to do what it is told and is annoyingly straight with a weird curl at the back, a British hairstyle will be perfect. I no longer wish to constantly colour my hair more interesting colours, but will acknowledge my boring colour and work with it. Plus, my hair and wallet will be less damaged without the colourings. To the point, the styles are mostly inspired by one of the male characters in the movie, Chris Wilton (played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers). His hair is perfect, can't you just see me with this hair ?

[Obviously the one on the left]

4 comments:

Steph said...

cute hair cut, I like it

Bravecat said...

Yeah cool hair, go for it :)

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »