Monday, June 26, 2006

It's Done.

I did it, I gave my notice to Starbucks, and it went fairly well.

I just went in and ordered an iced coffee and a pound of coffee. Then, after I was rang through I went into the backroom and approached our manager. I gave her my letter of resignation, and she asked what it was as she opened the envelope. I told her it was my notice, and she half-jokingly said 'Nooo!'. I could tell she was getting upset, so I just said that I won't be on the new schedule she is doing and that I hope she has a good day and enjoys the vacation she is leaving for tommorrow.

I feel bad telling her the day before she goes on a three week vacation, but thats not my fault. I know she is taking it at a bad time, but what can I do ?

The good side is that I don't have to see her ever again as her employee, because by the time she gets back, my last day would have passed and I will be at RBC.

I hope that all the current staff who are competant and awesome to work with understand. It was a decision I had to make, and I do not regret, but one that I feel bad for doing. I leave with no bad feelings or negative wishes against them, so hopefully they will return the favour.

Plus, I'm free !

1 comment: