Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday Dreaming

Sitting here listening to the Scissor Sister's UK-only song "The Skins" (my friend sent the CD to me from the UK) I realised what I want my future business to be. It sounds corny and stereotypical, but I want to open a clothing store. But not just any clothing store, anyone can do that. I want it to be unique and classy. I was thinking a store that has on-hand designers and seamstresses.

Each season we would design a new line of clothes, but only make enough for displays and fashion shows (naturally one per season). After the line is out, people come to the store and choose the item(s) they like. We then take their measurements and make the clothing to fit them. There would also be "personal fashion assistants". PFA's would be in charge of welcoming clients and helping them choose items that fit their body type and style. The client could also choose what sorts of fabric to use, from a predetermined selection of two or three.

I think it's a perfect way to ensure that no matter what body type the customer has, you can have something for them. thereby creating the largest client base possible. The clothing would be high-end but no more expensive than maybe Guess or Banana Republic. I think it's a perfect way to provide people with personalised clothing to fit their needs. I have no idea about the finances of it all, or even if it is feasible. I need to find someone who can design the stuff, lol. Well, its not like I'm doing it right now.

If you have any ideas, or criticism, tell me ! I have about three different ideas right now, I just need to decide upon one, haha ! One day, I'll have my own business, I just need to save up for a couple decades before I open it !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»