Wednesday, June 28, 2006

This can't possibly be happening...

Well, I don't even know where to begin.

I had a date last night. An internet date. Sigh. Well, I left my house half expecting to get there and he be ugly, annoying, or possibly socially retarded. It was a coffee and a walk date, so there were no expectations and there would be many opportunities for me to leave early if necessary.

I arrive and spot the black truck that I know he drives immediately. And yes, I think driving a truck is hot. Anyways, so I walk towards the Moka House in the Cook St. area which is where we are meeting. The area is gorgeous and very much the gay part of town. Neither of us live anywhere near it, but it kinda feels like the best place to meet. I call him to see which person on the patio picks up they're ringing cell, and no one does. I start going inside and see him waiting at the counter for his coffee.

I was stunned for a couple seconds, which is rare for me. I wouldn't have been stunned if he had been butt ugly or 60 or cross-eyed. What stunned me was how cute this guy was. I was literally overwhelmed.

I said hi, and he said hi, and we picked up our coffees and started to walk towards the beach. On our way I saw Charlie parking his bike to go in and enjoy his ritual evening caffeine. We chat for a bit and he tries to mouth me something, but I couldn't understand. It seemed like a warning, but I couldn't tell.

We walk to the beach, which turns out is bloody freezing and horribly windy. Plan B, we both drive our individual vehicles downtown and go to a place named The Mint. Its a dark, foreboding, mysterious place, that is literally in the basement of a seedy area of town. When you get there though, it is the most amazing food ever, and awesome drinks. The place has an atmosphere of worldliness, and the patrons tend to be the most interesting folks, I've even heard of celebrities being spotted there when they are in town.

Anyways, so we talk over wicked mojitos. He works for the town of Sooke, which is one of Victoria's suburbs. He's in charge of recreational planning for the entire district and organising major recreational activities. He's going back to school though in September, because though he has this great job at the age of 22, he feels that he has reached the ceiling of that career.

We admire the artwork next to our table that has two metal deer procreating on a glass sheet thing, and talk some more. We split the bill and then, on a whim, he buys a bottle of wine and we go up to the top of Mt. Douglas.

We must have sat there and chatted and drank for about an hour, it was a lot of fun. We were talking about how we both never expected to find anyone mildly interesting online, when he suddenly just pulled me towards him and we kissed. I was expecting a horrible kiss, I mean something has to be wrong with him ??

But no, his kissing skills are amazing, and he really knows what he is doing. Its a good mix of changing positions and slow, continuous action, without being ravenously tongue-hyperactive or boring. Then, to seal the deal, when we stopped and were looking at one another, he said how good of a kisser I am. That did it for me, he complimented me, and he was good at it himself.


Then, for another hilarious turn of events, we decided to go back to his truck, and he was going to drop me off at my car, but neither of us wanted to go home yet. I then had the brilliant idea of us going to the gay bar, where it would definately be warm and fun, lol.

It turned out to be drag queen bingo night. And let me tell you, we were the hottest people in the bar for the entire night. I hot quite a hoot out of how many old, drunk gay men were yelling at the queens to call better numbers. It made my night. We saw two mutual aquaintences and sat with them during bingo.

Besides me having to stop a possible fight between him and a lesbian over the pool table, it was rather uneventful. We just mostly made out and drank the rest of the night. We ended up leaving at about 2:15am, when we proceeded to make out even more against his truck outside. We talked about how it was such an amazing date, and how we would both love for me to come over to his place, but that it would be best if I didn't.

I was glad we agreed on that, although, I must say it was a hard decision to make. A good one, but a hard one. I walked a block over to my car after he left, and as I was driving home, I received a text message. All it said was 'trouble'.

I knew exactly what he meant, we were both trouble for one another. We had really hit it off on the first date, moreso than I think I ever have. We might be hanging out again tonight. I even invited him to "The Devil Wears Prada" movie night with all my friends. And he wasn't even scared or intimidated by the idea of meeting 6 of my best girlfriends all at once. So, thats this Saturday. I can hardly wait.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you totally NOT find out what Charlie was trying to tell you? I feel like it's a bad horror film when the dumb blonde chick runs UP the stairs instead of out of the house. LOL. I feel like you are needing to see Charlie and get the scoop.

Matt™ said...

Oh, I did find out, I just forgot to mention it in the post.

He was trying to tell me that he knew Dan had a BF two months ago, and that he still thought they were together. But I checked with Dan and they broke up about 2 months ago.

It wasn't apparently all that serious anyways. So, I'm thinking its ok.

Unknown said...

good deal! I am glad to have the whole story, because it's like totally my biznass.

Protective of my peeps.

Matt™ said...

It is your business, and I love how your protective. I am too of my peeps :D

Bravecat said...

Sigh

Great things happen to other people, that's for sure. Gosh it sounds like you are having fun! Don't stop :D

Oh and I am back by the way. Many kisses