Thursday, June 01, 2006

Possible Homicide


It is Most likely that in the near future I will go down to a Roger's Wireless store and take one of their phones, rip it in half and stab an employee to death with the sharp edges of broken cellular death. I imagine it will look something like the above photo, only more blood and in a commercial store.

"Why is Matthew so homicide-happy recently ?" you might be asking yourself, glad you asked !

It all started Monday, when I got my Roger's Bill. Not a happy time to begin with, but then I realised that my mom only uses 19 minutes on average out of her 200-weekday-minutes plan. The cellular plan is in my name because I get a corporate discount. So, I try calling their customer service, it doesn't go through, and I get a busy signal. HOW IN THE NAME OF DONATELLA VERSACE IS IT POSSIBLE FOR AN AUTOMATED CUSTOMER SERVICE TELEPHONE SERVICE TO HAVE A BUSY SIGNAL ???!!!

So, I think that I have the wrong number. Nope, I call one of their stores, and the number is correct. So, I try calling for THREE days, and it either hangs up on me from the start, or I get halfway through the selection process and it hangs up, or I dial "0" for an operator and get hun up on. F@CKING MOST AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE !

So, today I try calling a store because I am on the verge of tears about this. The first store I call doesn't answer their phone at 1PM IN THE F@CKING AFTERNOON ! The second store answers and I am getting ready to tear the guy to shreds when he acknowledges it is a major issue that they have been having for the last week and that even he is fed up with the bad service. He told me, and I quote "welcome to the wonderful world of Roger's customer service". Sarcasm ? You're giving me F@CKING sarcasm ??!?!

I hung up on him, and then called yet another store. They gave me no sympathy at all. I was simply told that even though their telephone service is f@cked up, that I can come into a store and do the necessary changes in person. I asked if I can do it over the phone, because the nearest store is a 40 minute drive from my house. Nope, I need to give them verbal confirmation in person for them to change my plan.

So, essentially they have F@CKED up big time. They have a screwed up technical issue, that they don't seem able to fix, then they have ample opportunities to appoligise or correct the issue with the customer and make me happy, but they don't. They then completely refuse to go out of their way to help me or make it easier for me, when I come up with my OWN solution. I also wasted how much of my time trying to get this situation resolved, and nothing happens, no resolution and absolutely no outcome. It makes me sooo mad, especiallt considering that I work in Customer Service. If this happened where I work, it would have not only been resolved, but it would have been resolved quickly, effectively, and with a lot of free stuff. I didn't get anything near the general area of that sort of a response.

I could honestly kill someone, thank god no one is in my house right now.

4 comments:

Matt™ said...

That's the one I'm on. Its 200 mins for $20 a month, for said corporate plan. The issue is that my mom only uses about 19 out of her 200 minutes ! haha. So, I think there is a 100 minutes $15 a month corporate plan, but I have to see.... grrr indeed.

Unknown said...

I love this post. You get JUST Like Me! Poor Matt! Maybe you should send them a text message. LOL.

Truthspew said...

Matthew,

That type of behavior on the part of the corporate world has been SOP for we in the U.S. ever since George W. Bush took office.

Seriously - it's gotten ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»