Thursday, June 22, 2006

Long Distance ?

Why is it that things are always so close to perfection, without actually being ?

I've met a guy who lives in Vancouver. I must admit I'm a little smitten. He is really sweet and endearing. I just am left wondering why I am teased so badly by the universe ? I mean, he seems perfect, and even if he is not, there are some others, not many tho. In anyway, they are ALL in Vancouver. I'm sure if I lived there I could meet a perfect guy, and fall in love, but what if I do anyways ?

I guess I just never saw myself ever doing the whole long-distance thing, but what if I meet the right guy, does distance automatically dismiss Mr. Right ? I would hate the commuting, and the poor communication, but I can also see how it would make the relationship more intense when you do see one another.

The cheating thing is another worry, I've been burned before, and that was when we lived in the SAME city ! Would the distance just make it easier for that to be an issue ?

Oh, I just dont't know. It's not like this a relationship now anyways. We've not even met in real yet. But should we ? Will we just be setting ourselves up for disaster ??

Or could we hit it off, and make it work... ?

(this song speaks to me, I love the Scissor Sisters)

Music is the Victim - Scissor Sisters

I left my heart in San Fransisco
It's at some motherfucking disco
The people there where dancin' on it
And that's including Ms. Matronic

Hell if music is the victim then so am I
Of lovin' and a cheatin' the snake gon' bite
I beg and I scream and I cuss and I cry
If music is the victim then so am I

Of your bad fun
Money's all gone but you need some
Lover's on the phone but they got none
Daddy ain't home from the dog run
And you're running through the city with a shotgun

I left my bag in Pasadena
Where all them girls was doin' Tina
Them bitches sure were crunked up on it
I said I'd rather smoke som chronic

Hell if music is the victim then so am I
Of lovin' and a cheatin' the snake gon' bite
I beg and I scream and I cuss and I cry
If music is the victim then so am I

Of your bad fun
Money's all gone but you need some
Lover's on the phone but they got none
Daddy ain't home from the dog run
And you're running through the city with a shotgun

I left my man in Houston Texas
Just before he finished breakfast
He said; oh baby fry some more eggs
But I was runnin' on my own two legs

Hell if Jesus had the power than so do I
To rise up from the dead and take up to the sky
I'm buskin' for the money so I get by
If music is the victim then so am I

2 comments:

Steph said...

you have such a fantastical mind

Matt™ said...

huh ?