Saturday, December 17, 2005

Xmas

Well, it is clealy upon us. I began my Xmas shopping yesterday. I know exactly what I want and whom I am buying presents for. Alas, I do not feel all that much into the spirit this year. Last year I dived whole-heartedly into the Xmas rush and jubilant celebrations. This year has been less so. I'm more excited about New Year's anyways. I think this is partly due to the fact that I work both Xmas Eve and Xmas Day. It kinda ruins the mood to think that I have to work to serve people on a day that practically all of North America takes off from work.

I should stop complaining. I'm quite excited about the whole gift-giving and buying experience. I just think that if everyone stopped buying presents for Xmas and instead agreed to spend time with their families and friends and participate in spiritual rituals, we would all lead healthier lives. Perhaps I will home-make all my presents this year. It's more fun for me, more rewarding, and ultimately, it means giving a present that people appreciate more. Since time is the most valuable thing to us, aren't the most valuable presents the ones we take time to make ?

1 comment:

Steph said...

True that, but I really don't think you left enough time to make presents for everyone. I was going to build stuff for everyone this year but I left it too late. I like giving presents more than recieving them anyways so I wouldn't be happy with a no present giving arangment.