Sunday, March 05, 2006

Are You Kidding Me !?


Picture this, me happily sleeping away, drooling a little out of the side of my mouth.
then, WHAM !

My cell phone starts blaring "Take Me Out"; and of course I'm cursing the fact that my phone was even left on overnight, let alone the fact that someone has the ordassity to call me at 6am on Sunday.

Guess who it was ?

That's right ! Work !

I didn't answer the phone, but had a god-awful time trying to get back to sleep. I think I dreamt about dancing to that song actually, hrm.. yeah, I'm sure I was dancing to it in my dream later.

Anyways, I called back later at a more reasonable hour (10am), to see what all the fuss was about. Apparently, our manager never bothered to schedule a third person to come in at 7am. This is not a good thing, because that person needs to help them prepare for the morning rushes. More importantly, without the third person on, no one can take a break, because it's rediculous to leave one employee alone on the floor at Starbucks, its just a dumb idea, and also against policy.

Anyways, so I said "ummm....no" in a voice that clearly indicated that I wanted to tell them where they could shove something. If it wasn't for the fact that one of my favourite people to work with was the one calling I would have been much meaner.

Besides that glorious start to my day, it's been good so far. I'm still working on multi-variable calculus, because the assignment is harder than I thought it would be. It's gonne be a good day.

8 comments:

Steph said...

who called? This is why I don't give them my cell phone number. You should just take it off the wall. Unless it was Tara, she called me in once with the number she had in her cell phone... Aw well.

Truthspew said...

This is why Caller ID is such a god-send.

I really don't understand the compulsive desire of nearly anyone to answer a ringing phone. I tend to look at the Caller ID, and then make a snap decision whether I'll hit the 'dump call' button or answer it.

That is, if I decide to do anything at all. Otherwise after four rings its off to voice mail hell.

And btw, tell you boss that a failure to plan on his part in now way constitutes an emergency on your part.

Luckilin I'm an I.T. guy and when things break I get a text message. Of course if it's after hours they have to pay me for six hours of work to VPN in and fix the problem. So I tend to handle those quickly.

Matt™ said...

They DON'T have my cell number at work, thats what was sooo disturbing !

I have caller ID, and I knew it was work and I didn't answer originally. I called back later and found out that was what they wanted from me.

I should make that clearer in the post!

Matt™ said...

I also don't have voicemail, because even if I did, I would never listen to them. So what's the point in pretending I care and wasting $5 a month ?

Steph said...

We should talk to Tara because it's NOT okay to use our cell phone numbers from her personal phone book to call us into work. If she does it again I'm going to ask her to delete me.

Tara, if you're reading this... It's not okay! That is all.

Bravecat said...

LOL

Drama drama drama

Steph said...

FYI, I looked today and you cell number IS on the phone list.

Matt™ said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!