Monday, March 27, 2006

Why would you do that to me ??

Sunday nights are usually my restful, relaxation nights. I sit down with a cup 'o tea and a good novel and read for an hour until 9pm, when Desperate Housewives comes on, then I watch Grey's Anatomy and go to bed.

Not so much this Sunday. First of all, Desperate Housewives was an amalgamation of horrible, unrealistic and annoying events. I am soo pissed off with the son, Andrew Van de Kamp, who is simply the most retched human being on the planet. Not only has he clearly driven his mother to the verge of a drinking problem, but he is bordering on mentally abusing her. That just pissed me off so much I wanted to turn off the TV. Then, the rest of the show was a complete bore, interspersed with an another tragedy for Susan Meyer with her doctor/jerk of a boyfriend. She deserves better. And, of course, then there was the stereotypical attempt at addressing a political issue with the woman hired at Lynette's firm who still breastfead her 5 year-old child. Not only was that disguisting, but it sucked as any sort of plot-line.

After all this, I was overwhelmingly excited to finally see Meredith. Grey's Anatomy never disappoints, it always has a rich plot line, with a perfect sprinkling of sarcastic wit and humour, and a touch of sexual tension. The perfect combo for any episode. I think it is the epitome of prime-time television.

So after all the wait and excitement, guess what ? It turns out to be a rerun from the freaking beginning of the season ! Why, praytell, would you give me a rerun in the middle of a new season ? WHYYYYY ??!!

I'm soo upset, it has ruined the start of my week.

2 comments:

Bravecat said...

Haha

Doesn't take much to spoil your mood?
You have it SO easy..

Unknown said...

See now I knew it was a rerun in advance. If you pay attention to what they say at the end of the previous week's show, they said "IN two weeks, a new Grey's Anatomy" and showed the new trailer for the episode that would show in two weeks, thus letting us (subtly, cautiously) know that this week was going to be a rerun. Plus I can see earlier in the week (on cable) if the epsiodes coming up will be new or old. :) So I was prepped for a full week. I also hate Andrew. I'd like to kick his teeth in.