Monday, October 30, 2006

grandma rocks the house

I went out last night to a fabulous drag show at Lucky bar, so much freaking fun ! It stared Juwanna Millionair, a drag queen I've hung out with at some parties in the past, she is soo funny. It was actually amazingly well choreographed. Branden, a friend of mine, was in it. So funny, I cannot overstate that.

I went as a granny ready for bed, it was awesome. I had this HUGE grey curly wig with a big flannel nighty, and these huge ready glasses, and then my big comfy outdoor slippers. The nighty exposed half of my legs, which were hairy, and I hadn't shaved my face in a couple days, which made it all that much more hilarious. It was definately hilarious.

My friend Julian went as a Calvin Klein model, essentially meaning he just wore his Calvin Klein underwear, and then I threw glitter all over him. Literally threw it at him. We then stuffed about three socks down his underwear, and it ws soo freaking funny. The funniest part was that it got down to zero celcius last night, he was very cold, but we weren't outside very much so it was all good. The negative is that there is glitter all over where he was in my car, haha !

My other friend Delyth then went as a Christmas present. She wore a huge wrapped box and with a big bow on her head and then her christmas pjs underneath. She used up the rest of the flitter, cause it was fun.

I especially loved how I was the most un-sexy of all of them. It was rather amusing actually. I had a couple of comments, however I did find that people avoid you when you are obviously cross-dressed. An interesting fact that I had never experience considering I've never cross-dressed before.

Overall, it was a damn fabulous night. Now I'm debating wether or not to wear that costume to work tommorrow. The ladies at work think it will be fine, but I'm not so sure I wanna cross-dress at a bank. Especially dressing as a granny when its a town full of old ladies. As much as I want to make fun of them, and I secretly harbour a lot of hatred towards them, it seems a little inappropriate.

No comments: