Friday, October 13, 2006

To Sarah from me.

Sarah, a friend of Meghans' that I do not know, made a comment on my last post that made me think. A link to her blog is on the right.

Anyways, she essentially got me thinking about the stuff going on in my life, mostly surrounding Cody. We also had a good talk (Cody and I) last night about where we are and what is going on. We are most definately on a break, and we shall remain as such until he returns to BC. I think it is good for us to be independant for now, seeing as we can barely see one another anyways, so we might as well just be on a 'break'.

I know we should get back together when he returns, it makes me mad that he left in the first place, but I want us to try at it again. I don't know when he is coming back, which only adds to the anger and confusion. However, my coworker said it perfectly when she told me to "stop worrying so much, relax, if its meant to be, then it will be".

Then comes up the issue of the plane ride to Montreal and my planned trip to go there. The issue is slightly monetary in origin, but mostly it is about whether or not it would be awkward for me to visit him while we are 'on a break'. To this she also replied that "you should go there, visit him, see the city. Consider it a vacation, and enjoy it as such. Then, when it is over, you will know whether you still have feelings for this guy, or you have moved on and it can no longer be. Just relax and enjoy it, and discover if your spark is still there at the same time."

I think she is right in both regards. I am suppose to go to Eric's party tonight, and I think I will. We will have fun, but not too much cause I work tommorrow, hehe. I am going to just let go and relax. I'm not going to try and move on from Cody, in fact, I want to maintain contact, but I won't worry so much this way. Then, we can see how it all fits and how it is between us when I go and visit him next month. Life goes on, and so it shall. When the time is right, we shall see if we are right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A whole post dedicated as a response to me? Cool!! And wow! I'm worthy enough of a link too? Cool!

Well, this is me commenting back to you:

I really appreciate your openess! It can be hard, even in the blogging world, to put yourself out there and actually answer a question from someone you don't know. So, thanks! That's really cool of you!

Relationships are such an enigmatic part of life. And I'd love to give you a sentence or two that would encourage you, but it's not like I have much experience in the area of successful relationships myself.

One point of interest I noticed in your post is that you mentioned that you and Cody had a good talk about where you stood with each other. That is SO KEY!! Open communication is soooo important! Again, I'm no counsellor, but if you're gonna have a relationship that you actually want heading somewhere, I hear communication is a great foundation! And it seems that the two of you have that!

Also, I wanted to say that I found your closing paragraph to be quite encouraging! A lot of what you said rings close to my heart, echoing similiar sentiments--and to see you come to a place of peace or tolerance in the situation; letting time talk, truly encourages me. It inspires me to rethink the "it's easier said than done" mentality I've adopted!

Finally, you questioned if it would be awkward to visit him while you're on a break. [Insert your co-workers comment here], and I'd like to tag on, saying that it's only as awkward as you allow it to be. You are a very cool person, from the little I know of you, and choosing to challenge the awkwardness seems like a quest you could take on and succeed in!

Again, thanks for your openess Matt! I hope to read updates on the situation as the events unfold! Being a girl and all, you know..details details!! :)

And I still hope you have a fantastic week! I'm going to go make you a link on my blog too now....Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Wow..sorry...that was really long! haha!

Megan said...

I may have to suspend our friendship if you don't learn how to spell my name!!!! Matt how many times have i told you M E G A N! NO H NO EXTRA A!!!!! COME ON NOW!

Matt™ said...

WHAT, when did i spell it wrong, its spelt correctly on the link to your blog !! lol.