Monday, October 09, 2006

Salvated



I came home, and opened iTunes, and it just started at this song. I didn't even know I had it, then I listened to it, and it spoke to me. I've been having weird dreams while this has all been going on. This reminded me clearly of my dream last night. I never remember dreams, but its been playing through my head all day, popping into my head at the most odd moments. I was touring UBC, and looking at the housing, but it was all these gothic rooms with dirt floors in very dank, dark conditions. Then as I walked through it, it slowly turned to take on a medical feel. the guide showed me a room that had apparently belonged to my friend. Then, slowly yet suddenly, there were patients in the rooms, and they were all me, and they were all ill from odd diseases. The guide said to not worry, cause they were to numb to feel their own pain, or to know they were ill. I said it was nice to use drugs to do that, and he said that the mind is the best drug.

when I was a young girl
( Traditional - Texas Gladden )
sang by Feist

When I was a young girl I used to seek pleasure
When I was a young girl I used to drink ale
Out of the ale house down into the jail house
My body's salvated and hell is my doom

Come mama come papa and sit you down by me
Come sit you down by me and pity my case
My poor head is aching my sad heart is breaking
My body's salvating and hell is my doom

Please send for the preacher to come and pray for me
And send for the doctor to heal all my wounds
My poor head is aching my sad heart is breaking
My body's salvating and I'm bound to die

One morning one morning one morning in May
I saw this young lady all wrapped in white linen
All wrapped in white linen and called out "the plague"

2 comments:

Megan said...

ummm that last part...definitly not english...

Matt™ said...

What do you mean ?

Its from a concert in Europe somewhere, I think France, but I am not sure. Makes sense that it would be french, seeing as Feist speaks french.

Fine, DON'T COMMENT ABOUT THE DREAM OR ANYTHING.