Saturday, November 04, 2006

Insightful Conversation.

Some interesting bits of a conversation I had with my friend Steph today.

***this has been slightly edited from the original conversation, but parts have only been removed, not added. This was just to get the essence of the conversation across better and more effectively.***

Steph, sorry that I didn't ask if I could publish this, I assumed I could, hope its ok.

Matt™ says:
im actually really moving on from cody, i dunno, i think he needs to make more of an effort if i am to consider it

also i have some potential dates here

Steph says:
can I be honest?

Matt™ says:
yep

Steph says:
I don't think you're getting over him

Steph says:
I think you like him a lot and your just trying hard not to because you don't see the point and you're afraid of getting hurt. allow yourself to feel what you feel for him. but let yourself know that it might not happen. But you can still feel that way. If it doesn't happen with cody, you WON'T get over him until you find someone better

which is tragic to think because right now he's the best thing ever, but also exciting because if it doesn't happen you KNOW there is someone better, and that's great!

right?

Matt™ says:
true

But i think that if we are meant to be that something will happen, and if not, then meh

Steph says:
so don't try to get over him, you're just kidding yourself, and dont try to convince him your over him either

because maybe you're both trying to get over each other when really if you weren't then there would be CLEAR signals there

Matt™ says:
hrm,
i dunno

Steph says:
and something would happen

Matt™ says:
oh, that is true

Steph says:
you have to allow yourself to get hurt if you want to feel love, if you stay in a shell, how can someone love you that way? and in turn, how can you love someone?

Matt™ says:
true. hrm, i dunno

Steph says:
you can't be in love until you're totally vulnerable. I know that scares you, but until you do something that scares you, you'll never get over that fear. think of it this way, if Cody made himself totally vulnerable to you, woudln't you feel more comfortable being vulnerable with him?

Matt™ says:
hrm, yea but honestly, chances are I'll just get hurt anyways

Steph says:
that's okay

Matt™ says:
yea, but i would want him to make the first move

Steph says:
better to get hurt and know for sure than you not get hurt and always wonder

everyone wants everyone to make the first move, and then no moves are made and it's a waste

Matt™ says:
there is also the fact that he is so far away, we cant really do anything anyways

Steph says:
that's just an excuse my friend

Steph says:
if you were really into him, which you are, it woudln't matter

Matt™ says:
true, but it may be best for us to just forget until he moves back and we can actually see one anoter and such, i dunno part of me just never wants to see him ever again, just cause it would be safer

but i dunno. u make a good point

Steph says:
I do

Matt™ says:
and ur soo modest about it

Matt™ says:
but yea, u do have a point. i dont know if cody is open to it though, i dunno, he is weird sometimes

Steph says:
you could ask him point blank

3 comments:

Steph said...

I am so smart. Serisouly, re-reading that conversation... I am extremely wise. Which is odd since I've never been in a relationship myself.

Did you post this earlier? I didn't see it. Anyways, it's cool that you did. I hope you got something out of it.

Charlie said...

You are very smart Steph, you have a lot of wisdom. Are you a capricorn?

Besides that, I *Love* love. I love being mentally confused and totally run down because of a past love. It makes you feel human. God, I need a boyfriend.

Steph said...

no, August 21st, Leo/Virgo