Sunday, November 05, 2006

working my ass off

I'm buckling down. I have a midterm on Wednesday, and then two important papers due in about a week and a half that I'm going to write this week and finish next weekend. I'm doing reading for the midterm today and tommorrow.

I'm also fed up with my lack of excerise regime. I have yoga class every week now, Monday nights at 6:30pm, which works perfectly with my schedule.

I also just realised that I have a lot of work this month: two papers, a midterm and a final take-home paper. But I only have one final in December, on the 16th, then I have about 2.5 weeks of nothing ! I discussed with Cody seeing him next month. He had the idea for me to fly out and see him then come back with him on his return. I'm not sure if that will work schedule-wise, but I really want to see him. I honestly don't care that much about the money either.

What I really want to do is to spend New Years with him and his parents at their cabin. It may work, but we shall see. It will be cold, but I can handle that, I think. All I know is that I want to see him as soon as possible when he returns, and I'm not sure how its going to work, but I want it to.

I cannot wait until he is in Vancouver, and I'm on my own in Vic, and we can go back and forth over weekends to see one another. Actually, moreso I cannot wait until I am in Vancouver, and can see him regularly. I'm getting ahead of myself. Settle down Matthew.

Ok, I'm off to read 100 pages about "Utilities, Services and Government at the Turn of the Century", and then a paper called "The Relevance of the Wheat Boom in Canadian Economic Growth". God help me.

I love this song right now. I tried to find a good music video to upload but I couldn't, so sadly you will have to make do with this:

Stuck in a world
No longer turning
Always the girl
Waiting for something
Too many days
Walking around sleepin'
Open my eyes, I'm tired of dreamin'

I wanna run with the reckless emotion
Find out if love is the size of an ocean
Even if I crash down and burn out
At least I'm gonna know what it's like
to feel alive

Sun on my face
Lights of the city
Maybe in love or just learning to be
On my two feet
I can only imagine
I'll say the words
and believe it'll happen

I wanna run with the reckless emotion
Find out if love is the size of an ocean
Even if I crash down and burn out
At least I'm gonna know what it's like
To feel alive

They think they know me
But how can they know me
I'm getting to know myself
I'm finally ready to be somebody
With the story to tell

I wanna run with the reckless emotion
Find out if love is the size of an ocean
Even if I crash down and burn out
At least I'm gonna know what it's like

I wanna feel til' my heart breaks right open
I wanna blaze like a fire that's burning
Even if I crash down and burn out
At least I'm gonna know what it's like
To feel alive

Ohh, I feel alive...

Melissa O'Neil
Alive

1 comment:

Truthspew said...

Hang in there Matt. This is about as tough as it gets school wise. But before you know it, it will all be over. Savor it while you can.